Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? If you can't find what you're looking for under the FAQ’s shown below, use the "Contact Us” link and select ‘Technical Enquiry, filling in required information and type in your question. EsparParts.com experts are committed to responding promptly.
1. How do I find my Espar Heater Model Number?
a. There is a data tag on every heater. Model and serial number along with operating voltage is listed.
2. My heater does not always start the 1st time and sometimes smokes heavily. What’s wrong?
a. Sounds like you could have a plugged glow plug vent hole. If this vent hole is plugged, the glow plug/pin does not get proper ventilation for starting. Refer to download section to download proper heater manual.
3. Should I use a Airtronic D2 or the D4 in my truck to reduce idling and keep me warm?
a. The Espar Airtronic D2 will heat most standard size sleepers. We would recommend the D4 only for very large sleepers and large Sprinter Vans
4. My Espar Heater tries to start for about 30 – 60 seconds, then just shuts off. What’s wrong? a. heck voltage at the heater. All Espar heaters low and high voltage controls that will shut the heater off if voltage is below 10.5V and above 15 volts. Make sure you have 12 volts AT THE HEATER during startup of the heater.
5. What should I do to prepare my Espar for the winter heating season? a. One of the most important preventative maintenance procedure to be performed is running the heater once a month for about 20 minutes, every month. This will ensure the heater has fresh fuel for when you really need the heater. Also, if there is a problem, it can be repaired before the weather gets severe.
6. How can I improve DPF performance?
a. Fleet maintenance managers understand that preventative maintenance is crucial to keeping their trucks running smoothly. One solution is the use of a fuel-operated coolant heater to pre-condition the engine and reduce diesel particulate filter (DPF) maintenance. The significant savings that result from this can have a major impact on the bottom line. Find out more here.comments powered by Disqus